The Past Week at Once Upon A Time
- Monday: [Review] Devil’s Bargain by Rachel Caine
- Tuesday: Cover Lover #8
- Wednesday: Darkness Falls Tour: Krystal Wade Q&A & Giveaway!
- Thursday: [Review] Single in the City by Michele Gorman
- Friday: Cynthia Langston – Chick Lit & Food What do you think about more than sex?
- Saturday: [Review] A Winter Flame by Milly Johnson
Around The Blogosphere
- Shirley posted Chapter 1 of Don’t Fear The Reaper by Michelle Muto. I thoroughly recommend you go have a gander and leave your thoughts in the comments!
- We have dates for Bout of Books 6.0 – YAY!
- Any of you writing romancey books for NaNoWriMo? Avon Books is issuing a call to new writers.
- I don’t care that Hanna’s review of Our Tragic Universe by Scarlett Thomas wasn’t posted in the past week. I haven’t shared it with you yet and it’s a great review.
- I’ve already posted this one on my writing blog (see “Am Writing”) but I loved this post on Fantasy Faction giving some fantastic tips on great writing entitled Show, Don’t Tell.
Not Quite The Blogosphere
I’ve basically given up on NaNoWriMo and started catching up on some of the books I’ve had around for aages. Really not much to share.. OH! Yes. As I didn’t do a post last Sunday, I can tell you that I had a work trial a week ago so please keep your fingers crossed that I might get a callback!
Oh! And guess what? I WAS ONLY FREAKING QUOTED IN THRONE OF GLASS!! As was Karina! *high fives Karina* EEH!
This is the first time I’ve been quoted so I’m exceedingly happy!
I may have given up with NaNo as a whole but I’ve been pondering my next step and I’d love to share with you my most recent post on The Little Bookshack by the Sea (my writing blog) – Kicking Self Doubt in the Shins. I have plans guys!
- saljuka dogs – SO CLOSE to being a Google whack!!
- death hold girls hand book cover – The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- why you don’t read a lot – I read plenty
- my arm cast – why are you googling your arm cast? Surely it’s on your arm?
- read black dawn by rachel caine online – *scowl* have you never heard of a library?
What Am I Reading?
Finished: Fairy Metal Thunder by J.L. Bryan, Decoy by S.B. Sebrick, and When I Fall in Love by Miranda Dickinson
Started: Kingdom by Anderson O’Donnell, and My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent
What Next? I should perhaps be getting on with more Christmas chick lit but I’m getting burnt out on chick lit and finally have Bitter Blood, the new Morganville! Plus I’m finally enjoying Soul Screamers again and do have If I Die and Before I Wake to get to, as well as more books on my Kindle from NetGalley and various excellent authors.
Oh my god! I keep eyeing this up every time we go into Asda so when I wandered off to look for pants and books, Dan sneakily bought it for me and surprised me when we got home. I love it. Can’t wait to finally watch it!
Eeeh! I was about ready to tackle the postman, it turned up at Dan’s dad’s house on Friday. I still need to go pick it up but eeeh!
These are the ebooks I’ve either bought or received for review in the past week. Particularly excited about Fairyland and Incarnation!
Freebies! Moira Rogers recommended to me by Amanda when I asked her who she would recommend as a great non-BDSM erotica writer. Werewolf erotica. Mmmm…