1. Grizelmore the Goblin has some really weird cravings and eating habits. Tell us about some of your weird eating habits. Bonus point if you can show me a picture!
I think I’m the fussiest eater I know. I don’t like vegetables or salad, and hell I really wish I did, and so certain foods bore me (*cough* I’m looking at you, bread). It doesn’t leave me with many options from day to day.
2. In chapter 22 Aiode and her friends try to go and get their instruments replaced at the factory. There are a ton of different instruments there being made for the fairies, but man are they a fortune. Do any of you play any instruments? Have you ever played an instrument? If not, what would you play if you could?
No I do not. I do not have the talent or the patience for it. I tried learning clarinet when I was 10 but I just wasn’t picking it up. I also tried to learn guitar when I was about 17 but my guitar was crappy and I think the fact that my creepy ex was teaching me and kept coming on to me put me off for life. I have not fooled myself since. I just don’t have what is needed to be able to play an instrument or even sing and I am okay with that!
3. Jason and the band are finally discovered by the elf (with the crazy long name) and Buttercake the freaking adorable unicorn who turns into something not so adorable. If you were a detective who would you choose for your magical accomplice?
My magical apprentice would have to be a magical talking Border Collie. They could go for hours and hours and by god they’re adorable.
4. The book ends on a happy but painful note. What do you think of the ending? Were you happy with the turn of events?
I haven’t quite managed to finish it yet *sad* but believe me, I’m going to. I was just hit by such a huge reading slump over the past couple of weeks I’m having to roll with it for now but this book is fantastic. So fantastic, in fact, that it has completely rekindled my faith in indie fiction. So I will most definitely be finishing it soon and eyeing up the copy of Jenny Pox on my Kindle.
5. Tell us your favorite quote(s)/part(s) from the book!
I’m struggling to pick out any one part. I really enjoyed the whole thing I’d be here all day! I love the light fun mood you get from the characters, I love how the obstacles Jason encounters keep the story moving along without making the story too gritty, and I absolutely love J.L. Bryan’s representation of Faerie! How could I pick any one quote or part of the book?